New Avant eSeries Loader Launch | Avant Equipment
A new era for electric loaders: The fully electric Avant e513 and Avant e527
January 17, 2024
Finnish compact loader manufacturer Avant Tecno has been at the forefront of the development of electric loaders for decades. Now, they launching two next generation fully electric loader models, the Avant e513 and Avant e527, which will replace their predecessors, the Avant e5 and e6 models. The new loaders will enter production in January 2024 and be available in Australia mid to late 2024.
The new Avant eSeries loaders use the Avant Power unique battery technology that improves the capacity, pricing, safety, working time, durability, and lifespan of electric loaders.
Unique battery technology
The new loaders are equipped with Avant OptiTemp® battery packs (13 kWh and 27 kWh) manufactured by Avant Tecno’s subsidiary Avant Power. The globally unique battery technology brings capacity to a whole new level, and the energy density of the batteries is among the best in the world. The thermal management system of the patented lithium-ion batteries guarantees the same capacity in hot and extremely cold temperatures. Multi-level protection makes Avant OptiTemp® batteries very safe.
Power for demanding professional use
The new Avant e513 and Avant e527 loaders are almost identical, but the only difference lies in the capacity of the batteries. The Avant e513 (13 kWh) is a good choice for short-term continuous use on farms, equestrian properties, greenhouses and plant nurseries or acreage maintenance. The Avant e527 loader (27 kWh) with a larger battery is ideal for demanding professional use like landscaping, construction and demolition.
The fully electric Avant loaders are ideal for working in confined spaces and on sites that have strict limits on noise and emissions.
A full workday on a single charge
When fully charged in the morning, the Avant e527 loader (27kWh) can be used for a whole working day. The maximum operating time of the machine is about 6 hours for medium-duty work, whereas for Avant e513, it is about 3 hours. The battery of both loaders can be fully charged with a fast charger in just 1.5 hours, allowing for long working days.
“For years, the market has been longing for fully electric loaders that would be more like diesel loaders in terms of functionality. Until now, operating time and pricing have been key issues related to electric loaders, but with Avant’s new eSeries, we solve them both”, says Jani Käkelä, CEO of Avant Tecno.
The renewed Avant eSeries:
- Fully electric loader series. Zero-emission, very quiet. Low operating and maintenance costs.
- Two models: Avant e513 (battery capacity 13 kWh) and Avant e527 (battery capacity 27 kWh).
- Excellent capacity in hot conditions and severe frosts.
- Fast charge in 1.5 hours. Type 2 charging, built-in 230 V / 16 A battery charger. The maximum charging current has been increased by 50% compared to previous Avant electric loaders.
- Two electric motors: one for driving hydraulics, and one for auxiliary hydraulics, boom, and steering. Thanks to the electric motor, maximum torque is immediately applied, which ensures excellent thrust.
- The further improved cooling system in the engine package keeps the machine’s heat under control even in soft terrain. Increased load resistance in short-term hard work.
- The updated multifunction display provides information on battery status, temperature, power consumption, operating hours, auxiliary hydraulics output, maintenance needs, and more.
- Same appearance as in Avant’s diesel-powered 500 and 600 series loaders
The new loaders will enter production in January 2024 and be available in Australia mid to late 2024.